What is Travel Insurance?Travel Insurance is a special type of cover that you can take out before going on a trip. It offers you protection in case of any unforeseen circumstances while on your trip. This is a worldwide travel insurance product by UAP Insurance that covers individuals when they travel out of South Sudan whether on leisure or business trips.
- Personal accident benefits - cover is provided for capital sums following death, loss of limbs or sight, or permanent disability caused by an accident whilst on holiday.
- Medical and associated expenses - cover for expenses reasonably incurred in respect of: Emergency medical treatment including surgical fees, hospital charges and emergency dental fees.
- Baggage, personal effects and money - is provided for loss of or damage to: baggage including clothing and personal effects, taken with the insured person, or purchased during the trip, or sent in advance.
- Gold cover-for executive and leisure travelers
- Silver cover-for leisure travelers
- Schengen cover-for visa requirements.
You can choose one of the options that best suit your needs.
- Cancellation or curtailment - cover provides for the reimbursement of deposits and payments made for transport and accommodation booked, but not used by the insured person
- Personal liability - section covers the insured's legal liability for injury to third parties or damage to third party property while on holiday, including the legal costs of both the insured and the claimant
Main exclusions which apply to travel policy include:
- Taking part in hazardous activities
- Participation in manual work
- Travel against the medical advice or to get treatment
- Travel to a country or area which the Foreign and Commonwealth Office or World Health Organisation has advised the public not to travel to
- Pregnancy or childbirth
- Self - inflicted injury, solvent abuse, alcohol and the use of drugs
We would not cover the loss of:
- Luggage caused by confiscation
- Baggage, personal effects and money when left unattended or where the loss is not reported to the police within 24 hours
- Contact lenses, medical and dental fittings
- Camping equipment