What is MaxPac (personal accident)?One of the main risks with which an individual is faced is Personal risk; i.e. death or bodily injury to that individual. Personal accident insurance can be used to provide compensation in the event of death by accident, and to mitigate the loss of income and any additional expenses incurred if an individual is disabled from attending to this usual work. The policy, therefore, covers bodily injury caused by violent, accidental external and visible means, provides hospital cash, accidental medical expenses reimbursement, funeral/ last expense cash and artificial appliances following an accidental loss.
- Accidental death and permanent disability as a result of the accident (the extent of disability will be determined by the doctor)
- Cash payment up to the provided limits upon admission to the hospital and medical expense as a result of an accident
- Temporary total disability resulting in loss of income up to a maximum of 104 weeks
- Suicide or attempted suicide, willful self-injury, breach of the law by the insured, insanity, disease, pregnancy, or childbirth.
- Temporary Total Disablement (TTD) claims unless these exceed a period of 3 days.
- Accidents whilst under the influence of drink or drugs. Certain exclusions can be covered on payment of additional premium. Refer to the Underwriting Manager for guidance.