What is Political Violence and Terrorism PolicyThis policy will cover the loss of or damage to property resulting from terrorism, sabotage mutiny, insurrection, rebellion, or Coup d'Etat. Strike, riots or civil commotion. Political risk is the probability of disruption to a company’s operations by political forces or events, whether they occur in host countries or result from changes in the international environment.
Political risk events are those which insurers have felt able and comfortable to identify, quantify and price.
- Act of Terrorism – unlawful use of force by any person or group(s) of persons acting alone/ on behalf of an organization for political, religious or ideological purposes including the intention to influence any government and/or to put the public in fear for such purposes
- Sabotage – physical damage or destruction perpetrated for a political reason by known or unknown person(s)
- Riots/ Civil Commotion –any act committed in the course of a disturbance of public peace
- Civil War(war between opposing citizens of the same country), War (contest by force between two/more sovereign nations), unexplained damage, mysterious disappearance.
- Burglary, robbery or other theft or larceny
- Strikes – act by a locked-out worker in resistance of the lockout
- Malicious Damage – malicious act during a politically motivated disturbance of public peace
- Insurrection, Revolution/ Rebellion – deliberate, organized & open resistance by force/ arms to the laws of a sovereign government by citizens
- Mutiny – resistance by legally armed / or peacekeeping forces to a superior officer
- Coup d’etat –– sudden, violent and illegal overthrow of a sovereign government or any attempt at such overthrow.