We also offer Workman's Compensation, an employee benefit plan enforced by law that guarantees employees financial compensation when, by accident, they suffer injury, become disabled or die while at work. We cover medical expenses, funeral expenses, accidental death, Permanent Total Disablement (PTD), Temporary Total Disablement (TTD) and Occupational diseases.
- 24 hours cover and we cover both occupational and off duty
- Passive war (not involved in active combat)
- Reimbursement of medical expenses resulting from an injury or accident
- The policy will reimburse towards the costs incurred for a funeral when a person dies as a result of an accident or passive war
- A short- term circumstance wherein the employee is expected to recover fully from a disability but can't work while recovering. The policy will pay out the injured person’s weekly earnings up to a maximum of 104 weeks
Death – 3/5 year earnings or fixed benefit - an amount equivalent to an employee’s multiple-year earnings or a fixed sum benefit will be paid should a staff member die due to an accident or passive war.
Permanent Total Disability (PTD) - is when an individual is no longer able to work due to injuries sustained from an accident. An amount equivalent to an employee’s multiple-year earnings or a fixed sum benefit will be paid should a staff member get permanently disabled due to an accident or passive war. These covers are both worldwide.
Any risks arising directly or indirectly from the following are excluded:
- Mountaineering, horse racing, motor rallying, skydiving, skiing on a professional basis
- Active participation in war/terrorism
- Participation in any criminal act or intentional self-injury
- Self-inflicted injury/suicide
- People below or above the age of 18 - 65 years
- Any pre-existing condition and disability or accident arising out of it
- Natural death
- Time excess (waiting period): 3 days for TTD